Shabbir Ali demands 12% quota in jobs for Muslims & Scheduled Tribes

Mohammed Ali Shabbir
  • 47% SCs, STs & Muslims have only 3 ministers
  • 12% quota should be declared in job notifications by TPSC

Hyderabad, December 24: Deputy CLP leader in Legislative Council Mohammed Ali Shabbir on Wednesday demanded that the State Government implement 12 per cent reservation for Muslims and Scheduled Tribes in the job notifications likely to be issued by Telangana Public Service Commission next month.

Addressing a press conference at Assembly media point here, Shabbir Ali said that the TRS Government should start implementing the promised 12% reservation for Muslims and STs with immediate effect and it should begin with the recruitments to be done through Public Service Commission. He said separate quota for both the communities should be mentioned in the notification itself so as to avoid any legal complications.

The Congress leader alleged that Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has already done injustice with the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Minorities in the recent cabinet expansion. He said as per the 2011 Census, the SCs constitute over 21%, Scheduled Tribes nearly 12% and Minorities constitute about 14% of the total population in Telangana State. Together, these three communities constitute nearly 47% of the total population. However, they have only one representative each in the cabinet. He said it was gross injustice that the communities having 47% population have only three representatives while the rest 53% have remaining 15 ministers in the State cabinet. In order to do correct this mistake, the Chief Minister should start implementing promised 12% reservation for STs and Muslims in the State. (eom)

 

1 Comment

  1. Sameer Hussain Reply

    After filling up all the vacancies in public employemnt which are highly vacant now, what would be the benefit of Reservation of 12% to socially and educationally backward Muslim Umemployed youth like me who are preparing for public services?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*